Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Sunday, September 6, 2009

This will be a very brief and quick update because there isn't really much to report yet. I had my first full week (last week) since March when I went all week without seeing a doctor. A little crazy to think about that actually....

I spent the week recovering, taking antibiotics to fight off what appeared to be a bit of an infection, and mostly just babying my new scars.

In the week to come, I have a follow-up appointment with my oncologist, who I haven't seen since my last chemo treatment at the end of July, and I have an appointment with my radiation oncologist. I'm told radiation traditionally starts 2-3 weeks after surgery and 3 weeks will be this coming Friday. My appointment with the doctor is Thursday, so who knows....I could be starting radiation as early as Friday or next Monday.

I'll know more about what is to come after my Tuesday and Thursday appointments, so I'll wrap it up here for now! More updates to come later in the week!

Oh....and in totally unrelated to cancer news...I got promoted at work! Cancer free, a promotion, and a raise, all in the same week! I've said it before and I'll say it again...after how the first 7-8 months of 2009 went...things can only get GOOD from here! It appears, so far, that good is going to be VERY GOOD! I can't wait for the rest of 2009! Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Megan!!! I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you! I've been so impressed with your attitude through this entire episode. Keep it up! I hope things just keep getting better for you this year and always. Say hi to Joe for me.

    Bryan Small

    ReplyDelete